Thursday, September 26, 2013

Random Rant: Series that Get Cut Off

Ok, so besides on being a fangirl, I'm also a Class A ranter.
*********************************************************************************
You know what pisses me off? When series get randomly cut off because sales didn't do well enough or other reasons. ESPECIALLY if that series is more well written and exciting than half the stupid crappy overhyped books out there.

And also especially if the latest book of that series ends with a cliffhanger AND THEN IS PROMPTLY CUT OFF BECAUSE THE PUBLISHERS ARE MEAN TERRIBLE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO WATCH US SUFFER.

(No offence to publishers, I know you guys have to make a profit for a living but STILL. )

Unfortunately, I've had the greatest luck to run across a couple series like this, and to this day I AM STILL DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT AHHHHHH

LIKE WHY WOULD YOU EVEN LET THAT AUTHOR PUBLISH THAT CLIFFHANGER IF YOU WERE GOING TO CUT THEM OFF ANYWAYS GAAAH.

Seriously, it makes me utterly depressed when I hear series are canceled.

Ex. 1

The Thief Errant series by Elizabeth Bunce.















I absolutely adore this series. It's exciting, mysterious and just heart racing with a beautiful medieval setting. I adore the characters, and ohmygoodness the second book's ending.

OH BUT GUESS WHAT I'M NOT FINDING OUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT

ASDJHFskdalgkasjghcajsfdkjbvjfksdvcjbndsfjkvcbndsfkvcjbndfskvcjnbsefvk jnfbdcklm



Ex.2

The Faeries of Dreamdark by Laini Taylor




Laini Taylor is kinda a big deal in the YA world. Her famous series Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a serious hit (Which I totally adore I SHOULD PROBABLY READ THE SECOND ONE OOPS) and everyone is kind of crying for the last book in the trilogy. But did you know, before she wrote Daughter of Smoke and Bone, SHE WROTE THIS REALLY AWESOME FAERIE SERIES?

When I first read Laini Taylor's work, I was in the seventh grade, and that was before Daughter of Smoke and Bone was out. I utterly fell in love with the world of Dreamdark, it was unique, original and utterly complex. The illustrations where beautiful, bring the characters to life. I was so excited for the third novel.

UNTIL I FOUND OUT A THIRD NOVEL WASN'T GOING TO EXIST.


Ex.3 (See I told you, I bump into a lot of these series.)

The Legacy of Tril by Heather Brewer




















Ok so this one is a weird one. This series got cut off out of the author's own decision. She wished to work with someone she had wanted to for a very long time, and the chance came and she took it. However, doing that will mean she would have to cancel this series. (Hopefully for now.) Now I very much respect the author's decision, but I just SO wish that she had chosen to to continue this series instead.

BECAUSE OF THE CLIFFHANGER IT'S JUST SO OH.

And the sad thing is... they even made the cover for the second book already.




















AND HOW CAN YOU ASK ME TO NOT WANT IT WHEN YOU GIVE ME A BADASS COVER LIKE THAT. T^T


So yeah. This rant was inspired when I found out last night that Soulbroken wasn't going to be published. Which mad me sad. Then want to rant.


I know that book reviewing/reading community has made a change in whether books get publish or not (which is how Sweet Peril got published if I'm correct) which is amazing. I just kind of wish some  these series got more recognition and just hopefully they will be picked up someday because GUYS THE CLIFFHANGERS.

*this post was not meant to insult or offend anyone, just giving my thoughts and opinions.
*********************************************************************************

Carmen's series rating:
Thief Errant: 4.75/5 stars- twisty, mysterious, heart racing with a medieval setting
The Faeries of Dreamdark- 5/5 stars- unique, original, stunningly beautiful through writing and visuals
Legacy of Tril- 4.25/5 stars- fast and exciting, fun concept

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Thoughts of a Hopeless (Book) Romantic Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template